I am currently building a new website with a main focus of using digital tools and teacher-made tutorials to enhance the learning experience of grammar and writing. Additionally, this site will include knowledge that I received from amazing professional development that ranges from the implementation of project based learning as well as the application of thinking routines and dispositions after studying at Harvard’s Project Zero.
- PBL connects students and schools with communities and the real world.
- Technology can be implemented throughout the PBL process.
- Learning is more relevant for deeper understanding.
- Digital tools help to customize and enhance a learning experience.
- Collaboration can be extended beyond the walls of the classroom.
- Global connections can be made to develop perspective.
- Thinking Routines can develop great habits of the mind.
- Inquiry is enhanced for a deeper understanding of content.
- Routines create patterns in thinking.
I recently received my master’s in Instructional Design and Technology where I am applying design techniques blended with my expertise with grammar and writing to create instructional tutorials for a deeper cognitive learning experience. I would like to offer support for those who are working towards creating a digital classroom blended with making thinking visible. My website is a work in progress, but I hope to develop it over time and help those who are interested.